LIMA LIFE TEEN - MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR 17 YEARS
Since Life Teen began in 1999:
- One alum is an ordained Catholic priest in the Toledo Diocese.
- Four alums or former Core Team members are currently in the seminary.
- Eight alums are discerning the priesthood.
- Six alums are serving as Youth Ministers in other parishes.
- Teens from10 area high schools have at- tended Life Teen.
- 350 teens have attended Tuesday Night Prayer.
- 675 adults have volunteered as Core Team members, cooks, advisory board members, and/or office support staff.
- 55 parish Confirmation retreats have been conducted by Life Teen.
- 1,200 teens have attended the Steubenville Youth Conference.
- 525 Life Nights have been held.
- 47,250 meals have been served to the teens on Life Nights.
- 1,370 teens have actively participated in Lima Life Teen.
WHAT DO TEENS AND ADULTS SAY ABOUT THE LIMA LIFE TEEN PROGRAM?
- Lima Life Teen is an extension of family. It brings together high school kids who want to express their faith but have never known how to. It brings it full circle and gives one a fantastic outlook on life. -Mark (adult)
- Since becoming a part of Lima Life Teen, my life has changed so much for the better. It has helped me to become a better friend, son and follow- er of Christ. My relationship with God has gone from something almost nonexistent to a relationship where I give my life and everything I have to Christ! -Cody (teen)
- Lima Life Teen has been so amazing. It’s a great experience full of good people, love, and most importantly a chance for a closer walk with God. - Jenni (teen)
- People should join Lima Life Teen not only because it strengthens your relationship with God but because it brings you to friends who will also help your relationship with Him as you become close to them. –Nicole (teen)
- People should join Lima Life Teen because it will help you grow in your faith and understand God better. Lima Life Teen is a safe environment for teens to talk about, not only their faith, but anything they want. We also become like a family and do all kinds of crazy things together. The prOgram has done so much, not just for faith, but in general for my life. -Aubrey (teen)
- Lima Life Teen is like 'God's fraternity'... you get to grow in community, have an opportunity to see and do things that you may never see or do alone, deepen your understanding of why we do what we do as Catholic Christians, fall in love with the Eucharist and learn the ways that you can COUNT ON to bring you closer and keep you closer to Jesus Christ. -Kimi (adult)
- Life Teen is an amazing program. It brings together teens from many schools in the area who have one thing in common - THEIR FAITH. It gives the kids an opportunity to grow in their faith and have fun while doing it. –Janet (adult)